Monday, June 22, 2009

The Bridal Shower & Stag Party

Bridal showers are celebrated as a tribute to the bride to be’s last days of being single. It is often hosted by her families and best of friends. You can also hire a party coordinator for this if you want the party to be perfect, memorable and stress-free. But if you do not have the budget to hold an extravagant bridal shower, a simple one will do.

As for me, it was my one of my closest friends, Mommy Amor, who planned the bridal shower. She meet up with my agents and texted my closest and best friends in college and high school. I didn’t know what to do or even what to prepare, all she told me was just to be at my best and just look good on that day. But you know, not knowing what will happen or not even having a clue on what will happen is kind of frustrating on my part.


The stag party of the other hand was also Mommy Amor’s idea. She contacted Jeff’s agents, Edmar and Mike to plan the Stag party. And we both had the bridal shower and the stag party on our 2nd anniversary, August 1, 2008, 7 days before our wedding. We did not really want to hold the party on our 2nd anniversary but what Mommy Amor was thinking was that this will be the only day time that we will be celebrating our anniversary with our friends and we still have a lifetime to spend our anniversaries.

With nothing to do and prepare for the shower party, I made some chocolate souvenirs, printed an A4 size picture of myself and also printed an A4 size sheet with a picture of a bride on it for my signature frame. It was so easy to do since we have Internet access and a colored ink printer at the house.

For my chocolate souvenirs, I wrapped three pieces of Tivoli chocolate using a yellow organza cloth tied with a pink ribbon then placed a Thank You card on top of it. The Thank You card consists of a picture of a lingerie with the date and venue as details. Also, I printed a pink flower with a Thank You print on it and stick it on a chocolate bar wrapped in yellow plastic. The A4 sheet I printed with my picture on the other hand was placed on a frame with the following texts, “Lhea’s Bridal Shower, August 1, 2008, Bustillo’s residence”. The other A4 sheet that was intended for my signature frame was a bride’s picture printed on it. The party was supposed to start at 4am and I was already anxious for the party to start to know what they had prepared for me. When they finally arrived, they were all dressed in pink shirts while I wore a blue polka dot dress with a fairy wings on my back. They brought food and drinks with them and my dad helped in setting up the table.










The program started with a shower of confetti over my head and proceeded with a question and answer portion with questions on how Jeff and I met the marriage proposal and the like. Everything was centered on me and our love story. They had a lot of questions which I answered shyly. It was very awkward to answer all their personal questions but I enjoyed seeing them interested with what I have to say. We also had games and giving of bridal shower gifts where they explained what the gift was for and what it means. Mommy Amor gave me a black seductive night gown while Mommy Jelo gave me a pink cover up. The Bears gave me a body scrub kit with a bath tub mix for our honeymoon. My Superfriends came in late and I was surprise with what they brought. It was a round cake from Goldilocks with a d**k figure on top of it. It was smiling. Hahaha.. That was very naughty of them and that was all Mommy Amor’s idea. Lovjoy gave me a black t-back, Elva gave a pink night gown and Louella gave me a set of scented candles. We spend the night singing at the videoke while Jeff and his gang went to Loretos for his Stag party. I really didn’t know what happened but Jeff told me that they were just drinking and singing though his friends brought a girl with them.


We ended the day celebrating the last few hours of our anniversary together at my place. It was one night that we both will remember. Our 2nd anniversary was extra memorable and special this time.


Thank you Mommy Amor, my Superfriends and the Bears for everything… :) mwah!




No comments:

Post a Comment