Monday, May 25, 2009

The Bridal Gown

One of the most important details in a wedding that should be given more time and consideration is the Bridal Gown and the Groom’s attire. For practicality’s sake, most Bride and Groom nowadays prefer to rent their wedding attires from local gown stores in town as first users while some people, those who have more budget, wanted to have their attires kept as a remembrance or a token of this special event that will only come once in their life.

Looking for designs for my wedding gown was quite a challenge for me. Yes, there were lots of wonderful designs over the Internet but the question is, does the design look good on me when I wear it? Can the modist do the job? Can he exactly make the design that I want? Is it feasible and affordable? I keep on asking myself those questions and then finally, gave up on the idea. All I wanted was the gown to be simple but would look good on me, a long white gown with a lot of bead works, tube-type and a long veil. I suddenly started browsing through shops on their ready made gowns, thinking of buying the gown for my own remembrance. 

When I went to the gown shop of my wedding organizer, there was this beautiful gown, fully beaded and the design was real sexy. I fell in love with it, the first time I saw it. And so Jeff and I decided to include it on our package. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding on the wedding organizer’s end. Our agreement was that I’d buy the gown except that the gown should not be available for their customer’s to borrow. What happened was they had the gown used on 2 of their weddings for the month of May. I was disappointed. I only have 2 months left before the wedding day that gives me only a little time to look for a designer who is willing to make my wedding gown in 2 months! Luckily, Jet, one of my agents recommended me an officemate whom also happened to be a good friend of my superfriend, Panyang. I laid out my design and the details of the wedding gown and Josh, the designer was happy to do my wedding gown. He made some adjustments on my design and offered me the whole wedding accessories as part of the package. I was the first bride that he’s designing a wedding gown and so he is really trying his best to impress us with his work. Well for future recommendations of course.

Here are snaps of the wedding gown, a few days before the wedding. It’s almost done.

Snaps of the wedding gown, a few hours before the wedding:

a view at the front

a view from the back

The wedding gown, with me wearing it:


at the wedding



No comments:

Post a Comment