Monday, May 25, 2009

The Marriage Proposal

Since this blog is all about weddings, I guess it would be best to start with my own wedding. We actually went through all the natural/normal way of getting married, from marriage proposal to asking our parents, pamalaye, shower and stag party, and all the important events that every getting married couple should go through not to mention all the stress.

So let’s start off with the marriage proposal. I guess every girl would want a perfect moment wherein the guy of her life would ask her to marry 

her, right? I know you’d agree with me because that was how I fantasized that day when HE pops up the question I so long waitied, “Will you marry me?” The funny thing is, when you get to be in that situation, you can’t think of anything else anymore. You would not even care if there were fireworks or if there was a candlelight dinner or an engagement ring on top of the cake’s icing, because all that really matters was that the love of your life asked you to marry him!
As for my experience, it was an ordinary afternoon; May 2007 while we were eating at Yellow cab that he asked me “Will you marry me?” I said YES! There were no second thoughts or “let me think about it” spiel. And I asked him if he was serious and he said HE WAS! And when he asked me if I was serious, I said I WAS! It was that plain and simple but very sweet and funny. No candlelight dinner, no fireworks, no ring on top of the cake but I guess what really mattered to me that time was HIM asking me to marry him. That same afternoon, after dining at Yellowcab,we decided to buy our enchangement rings to officially declare our engagement. Right there and then, we were engaged! I still couldn't believe it but it was all for real! It was a secret engagement and only a few of our closest friends knew about it. We were not ready yet to officially inform our families, we were waiting for them to be ready and they were not that ready, Not just yet.

Here's our pictures:
(dinner at Yellowcab and our Engagement rings)






No comments:

Post a Comment