Monday, May 25, 2009

My Surprise Engagement Ring

An Engagement ring is a piece of jewelry that symbolizes a man’s commitment to a woman he asked to marry him. The ring is usually made of silver or white gold with a big diamond stone on top of it. With this piece of jewelry visible on a woman’s left-hand ring finger, it automatically means that the woman has accepted the marriage proposal and is engaged to her man who is also known as her fiancé. This is one of those moments that every girl is dreaming of.

It was March 1, 2008, our 19th monthsary. Jeff called me from my station and asked me to go with him in the locker room. I didn’t know what for but I just followed him thinking that there was something that he wanted to tell me that he didn’t want my agents to hear.

Once we got to the locker area, Jeff handed me a box. It was a black and white box with brown steel on top of it. It looks really nice! When I opened it, I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was an engagement ring! He slipped the ring on my ring finger and asked me again “Will you marry me?” and I said YES! It was a thin ring with a tiny diamond stone on top of it that fits my ring finger perfectly well. Jeff was really clever because when we ordered our wedding rings at Suarez Wedding Rings, he asked the sales lady to take note of my ring size and ordered an engagement ring with the same ring size and I wasn’t aware of that nor even got a hint! Jeff’s really full of surprises and he always knows how to surprise me without me having a hint.

The ring itself was a surprise because I already informed him that I don’t need a pricy engagement ring, as long as it was from him that would be enough for me. I can just wear any fancy ring (even if not real silver), anyway I am not allergic to fancy jewelry. But this was too much for him to give me knowing that we were quite struggling with the wedding preparations. Still, Jeff insisted that he wanted to give me something that’s pricy and something he would be proud to see that I’m wearing. I guess he didn’t want people to say that the ring was from a Silver store in malls which means that it was affordable. Well, pricy or not, the important thing was that we were engaged and will be getting married soon. I believe that is all that matters.


Here's our pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment